Guayaba fruit is a super common in our culture that until now has not had the recognition it deserves. Perhaps because of its hardness or the presence of seeds its not so popular. But when you hear of its secret identity as “Super fruit” you’ll want to run to seek a fresh guayaba.
1. Rich in vitamin C Among its many benefits, Vitamin C helps fight cell degeneration.
2. Lowers the risk of diabetes and improves digestive system : Fiber is important to lower levels of blood sugar. At the same time, it is good at cleansing the digestive system and keep the intestinal movement afoot.
3. Health improvement visual: Vitamin A or retinol is responsible for good eyesight. Guayaba is rich in retinol, so if you do not like carrots, you can try a guayaba to improve your eyesight
4. Help with Fertility: Guayaba contain a mineral known as folate that helps promote fertility in humans.
5. Regulation of blood pressure levels : The potassium guayabas helps normalize blood pressure levels. A banana and guayaba contains about the same amount of potassium.
6. Trace element copper enriched. Guayaba contain copper which is very good for maintaining the proper functioning of the thyroid gland trace element. Malfunction of the thyroid gland can cause many health problems.
7. The wealth of manganese: Guayabas are rich in manganese, which helps the body absorb other essential nutrients from the food we eat. When our food is used correctly, we get all the key nutrients such as biotin, vitamins, etc.
8. Relaxing nerves: Guayaba is rich in magnesium, which acts as a nerve relaxant. It helps relax muscles and nerves. So after hard work, a guayaba is definitely what you need to relax muscles and give your body a good boost of energy.
9. Healthy Mind: Helps maintain positive brain functions, maintaining a good blood flow and infused with vitamin B3 and vitamin B6.
10. Soft glowing skin: The health benefits of guayaba also include the presence of vitamin E, which is natural and good for your skin. It also contains antioxidants that help rejuvenate the skin.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF GUAYABA – GUAVA
CALORIES – very few calories 30 per unit equivalent of a tangerine.
CARBS – natural fruit sugar, including fruitose, but in small quantities about 7g. 60g per piece, this makes it an ideal fruit for diabetes.
PROTEIN AND FAT – poor in these nutrients.
FIBER – Rich in fiber type pectin with beneficial properties for the digestive system.
MINERALS – rich in potassium, with diuretic properties, its mineral content helps alkalize the body.
VITAMINS – rich in vitamin C one of the fruits with the highest vitamin C content.
It also has important contribution of provitamin A in the form of anthocyanins (antioxidant) mainly. These substances have antioxidant properties and stimulate the immune system.
A tropical fruit full of vitamins, 3 times more antioxidants of orange or lemon, it is one of the fruits with the highest antioxidant power that exist.
DIABETES – guayaba and its leaves contain at least 13 substances against diabetes. Leaves are used in tea to treat diabetes. Natural juice of the guayaba helps treat diabetes. It is especially recommended for those with diabetes, heart problems and people who need more antioxidants in their diet. Balanced sugar content rich in vitamin C and provitamin A which protects vision naturally. Scientific studies show that this fruit is beneficial to help control blood sugar levels along with a diet for diabetes.
HEART DISEASE – very healthy to prevent and treat heart disease. Helps prevent cardiac arrhythmias and lower blood pressure and control cholesterol. CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE: Helps reduce “bad” cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and improve the overall health of the cardiovascular system, when accompanied by a proper diet for the heart and healthy lifestyles.
ANTISEPTIC – leaves can be chewed as a natural antibiotic against bacteria that causes bad breath.
SPORTSPEOPLE: Its high antioxidant, this fruit is ideal for athletes who need vitamins and hydration low calorie reinforcement.
STRESS: Guayaba helps the body fight stress symptoms, for their antioxidants, vitamins a nutritional value.
SMOKING; Smokers should introduce daily larger amounts of antioxidants in their diet Guayaba is rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin C, Carotenoids and anthocyanins.
How to buy:
fresh fruit, juice (content of more than 25% fruit) always look for natural juices , not from concentrates. and preferably no added sugars. There are other products with guayaba but also excessive sugars.